Wednesday 23 December 2009

Chain Chain

Hazy uncertainty built from nightmares spin my hands into black lace
Spinning wheel in a maze of humanity.
Sleeping in an oyster I was a pearl
Hiding just around the next corner… or is that you?
The same man steps through a picture frame dark glass stares at your face
Coffins fall on their sides in the distance
Sane insane sane insane flicker like a cheap motel light
Wherever you’re going trust your friends
One little step takes you right out of your life.
Bankers sit back to back with gypsies in rowing boats stuck in the centre of a crystal lake.
Things I wish I’d known skitter away from me into the cobwebbed corners of an old woman’s shawl.
Alternate reality needs pills to stop you making it sick.
Sitting in a lecture hall reading a blank newspaper, this I know.
Breeze block of gravity is hiding in my suitcase on the stairs.
Oh please. Confusion in Paris is never explained by the falling of autumn leaves into an old man’s hair.
I’m sitting next to a boiling kettle on my sofa, thinking that your thoughts always used to bubble like anger in a cauldron.
Something is sitting vaguely on what could possibly be some sort of cloud in some kind of shape or form of a maybe.

* * *

This is a piece that's a little older than my others... I felt I needed to post something though, and I quite like this. It's a very insanely random poem type thing inspired vaguely by drama, the Beatles and me and Ellie's crimp-like songs. I like the majority of it, but I know there are a few lines that don't quite fit. Not happy with the ending really, but I was like "I have to stop at some point or it'll go on forever!".

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I really like this one. There are so many strange, yet beautiful images. I particularly like the last line; I think it's good as an ending! :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Alternate reality needs pills to stop you making it sick"

    i like where this is going :)

    ReplyDelete